Friday, December 25, 2009

Home

Location: Franklin, TN


Here I am in this familiar place, my hometown, and yet I could not feel more separate and detached. This year has been different. Every time I come back I can feel my self losing touch with this place and the times I spent here. And that's normal, I'd expect. Its been a few years, and I've changed more than I even know. But coming back here can be so uncomfortable, especially at Christmas. Its absurd how much can change - even people I've known ten years are surprising me. We go long periods without talking but when we're together again its like we never miss a beat... usually. But so far, things have been slow and awkward... dare I say forced. For the longest time all I wanted to do was move to Nashville and be close with these people, but for the first time I feel so much more in touch with my life in Knoxville, even with all the crap and confusion going on. I want to savor this trip and make the most of it, but its been so boring and unpleasant thus far. I can't help but want to come home.

Home. Let me go home.
Home is wherever I'm with you.

And maybe - hopefully - this is some kind of weird experience, and the next time I'm here things will feel normal and warm and comforting again. And I'll be with my friends and we'll have that seemingly eternal bond its seemed we've always had. I really miss it. I really miss them.

Take me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment